Travel Cancelation Policy
- If you cancel or leave a course/trip for any reason:
- Between 60 and 46 days prior to the course starting date, OLI will retain 50% of total course tuition.
- Less than 45 days prior to course start date and once the course has begun, there will be no refunds.
- Participants will be required to reimburse Outdoor Leadership Insitute (OLI) for the expenses incurred in medically evacuating them from the course.
- Although we rarely need to do so, we reserve the right to cancel a course or change a course duration, tuition or location. OLI is not responsible for associated costs in these cases.
While we do our best to adhere to the itinerary, traveling to remote parts of the world requires flexibility, and changes to specific interactions and other activities may occur. In addition, some changes may occur in our itineraries due to inclement weather and changes to timetables and transport routes, which can happen with little notice. The order and timing of included activities in each location may also vary from time to time. Each day we will update you on the program and keep you informed throughout the trip.
OLI may cancel a trip at any time prior to departure if, due to terrorism, natural disasters, political instability or other external events, it is not viable for us to operate the planned itinerary. If OLI cancels the trip, traveler can transfer amounts paid to an alternate departure date or alternatively receive a full refund. In circumstances where the cancellation is due to external events outside our reasonable control, refunds will be less any unrecoverable costs. We are not responsible for any incidental expenses that you may have incurred as a result of your booking including but not limited to visas, vaccinations, travel insurance excess or non-refundable flights.
Tuition Protection Plan (To accept coverage, no further action is necessary)
A plan cost equal to 6% of your tuition is included in your balance due for the Tuition Protection Program. More information can be found at:
This Tuition Protection Program is strongly recommended to protect your tuition investment. If you have further questions, please call the office for us to send plan information to you specific to your state or province of residence. You may decline the protection provided by this plan anytime prior to payment of plan cost by completing this form.